my family definitely has the whole 'tree hunting' thing down - to a perfect T
it is one of my favorite Christmas traditions - which saying something because we have a LOT of traditions!
when planning our trip up to WA for Thanksgiving, I had one request:
That we go get our Christmas tree while we were in town
my parents (the ultimate tricksters) told me that they had already gotten a tree for this year...
cue my shock & dismay - i told them i wasn't going to come home
psych - I would never pass up a chance to go home!
double psych - my parent's were just pulling my leg and hadn't gotten the tree yet! release the pigeons!
so, the day after Thanksgiving we went on a tree hunt
I was a little worried, since there hadn't been any snowfall in the valley yet
but after driving miles up the mountain, we were graced by the snow's presence
part of our tree hunting tradition is to bring sleds & hot cocoa
we tie the sleds to the back of the car, jump in, and get pulled up the mountain whilst looking for the perfect tree
we all take turns, bust out our best tricks (I stood up and did the splits between two sleds), and hang on for dear life when the papa decides to accelerate at lightning speed
all the while, we keep our eyes peeled for the perfect tree
and this year, I think we picked out a dandy one
BONUS: J & I found the cutest little tree for our apartment!
we put it up first thing when we got back which is saying something, since we've been home 3 days and still haven't unpacked
while the boys chop down the beautiful blue spruce, we pour the goblets of hot chocolate (this year we even had donuts)
10 comments:
I love these pictures! I want I want, I need I need! Perfect closing line, little sis...ya nailed it. :)
Couple things....that pic when we are jumping = i have no butt. And what is happening when you are hugging my arm and I'm looking at you haha. And Bart is freaking crazy scary driving on ice snow haha
oh that looks like so much fun! I wish that my family cut down a christmas tree each year- I've always wanted to do that. The sledding looks way fun too! :)
How FUN! These pictures are sooo cute.
I've NEVER had a live tree, and obviously no fun cutting down the tree experience like this! Hopefully one year soon!
validate me!
1. you do have a butt, and i love it 2. we are laughing, and i love it 3. my dad is the best, and i love him
getting a real tree from the forrest is the best! i'm sure you'll do it one year soon :)
thanks Courtney! you absolutely HAVE to cut down a live tree one year soon - there's nothing like it to get you in the holiday spirit!
you're kidding me, this is your life?! THIS IS YOUR LIFE?! so dreamy.
this is my life, winthrop = magical
Post a Comment