Bumpdate: 38 Weeks

The Final Bumpdate!
10 days before the due date, and we are in the hospital ready to have our baby!

I'll update this post with week 36-38 photos once we get home

How Far Along? 38 weeks, 4 days
Weight Gain? 38 pounds
Symptoms: Lightning sharp pains in the ligaments on my right side. Also, I get really short of breath if I talk too fast. Or if I go up a flight of stairs. It's kind of pathetic...
Maternity Clothes? My maternity jeans have been feeling pretty snug lately...Stewart Little dropped and my waistband isn't liking it
Stretch Marks? A few more decided to join the party! These ones are dancing on my bum
Sleep? Getting up 3x to go potty! Soooo fun
Movement? Youuuuu betcha
Best moment? We had an ultrasound this morning and it was crazy to see how big baby is - everything is so squished in there! But...baby is actually a little smaller than the doctor would like to see, so we are in the hospital RIGHT NOW getting ready to meet this little wonder
Weird pregnancy moment? We have had some scares recently...ranging from preeclampsia to 24 hr urine tests to non-stress tests to now laying in a hospital bed ripening my cervix. But all the while, we have felt peaceful and that everything will be okay. Like it or not this baby is coming tomorrow! Or the next day...
Belly Button: I'm soaking up my last few moments with my outie :)
Gender? It's finally time to find out! I have loved keeping it a surprise, and I can't believe that we will know SOON
Looking forward to: Knowing whether this is a baby girl or baby boy. Taking this baby home. Getting through labor.

J and I went to my weekly check-up this morning, only to find out that we would be sent to the hospital to have our baby. It's been a pretty crazy day - you don't expect to have your labor 'planned', unless of course you schedule an induction. It was so weird to go home, grab our bags, and drive to the hospital. Like we were just going on a vacation and headed to a hotel. I told J he could drive recklessly, just to have the experience if he wanted :) He declined...
This isn't the 'natural' birth I was expecting or had planned, and while I am still hoping to go unmedicated, I know that anything can happen. It doesn't matter that this isn't happening the way I was expecting, what matters is that baby gets here safely.

We will be parents soon!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

go bailey!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the little boy! I hope everything went well and you can take him home soon! It's the absolute best!