Some of the highlights were watching the gorillas sleep, grizzlies play, polar bear walk around like it owned the place, how graceful the sea lions look when the swim, 'neighing' at the zebras, and raising our trunks to the elephants. We spent most of our time watching the elephants - JD couldn't get enough of them!
Wild Wednesday
During the winter season, SLC's Hogle Zoo hosts Wild Wednesday the last week of the month. Wild Wednesday = Free Zoo Admission... Need I say more?! I had been wanting to go so badly, but with holidays/school/work schedules we just couldn't catch a break! But then finally, January surprised us with a stall in school for J so I decided to take the day off of work. I was so excited to take JD to see some animals! JD loves to speak animal, and has a lot of noises down. His favorite is by far a lion, so we were really sad when we didn't get to actually see the lions out and about at the zoo - apparently it was too chilly for them, so they were staying cozy indoors. But, we did find a pretty sweet lion statue , and I honestly don't know if JD knew the difference :) The second he saw the lion, he stopped dead is his tracks, planted his feet in a power pose, clenched his fists, and let out a 'ROARRR!' so big his whole body shook :) Something I definitely wish I would have caught on video :)
Some of the highlights were watching the gorillas sleep, grizzlies play, polar bear walk around like it owned the place, how graceful the sea lions look when the swim, 'neighing' at the zebras, and raising our trunks to the elephants. We spent most of our time watching the elephants - JD couldn't get enough of them!
Some of the highlights were watching the gorillas sleep, grizzlies play, polar bear walk around like it owned the place, how graceful the sea lions look when the swim, 'neighing' at the zebras, and raising our trunks to the elephants. We spent most of our time watching the elephants - JD couldn't get enough of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hahaha dying at the description of when he met the lion statue
haha i love that he "might" not have even known!! cutie!
Post a Comment