Parker is an amazing kid (/man? he is 19 now...), and he has an amazing talent for making others laugh and for making friends easily. I mean, just look at this face...
Parker grew up with SEVEN older sisters. No brothers. And he survived. That alone is a feat worthy of a gold medal - but Parker has done so much more than that. Growing up in Winthrop, Parker was the only young man in our tiny little branch. The only one passing the sacrament each and every Sunday. The only LDS youth in our high school. The only scout.
It may seem that Parker was always alone, and I guess that in a sense, he was. But that never affected him. Ever. He saw every experience as an opportunity to reach out, and be an example to others.
I feel SO blessed and grateful to be right next to Parker in age. After Megan (our older sister) graduated high school and left, it was a transition for me to get used to having no more sisters in the house, and just having Parker. It was hard at first, but just having Parker turned out to be the best thing in the world. I cherish those two years with him, and I know that we would not have as close of a relationship today if we had not spent those years together.Yay for our amazingly awesome bond of siblingness!
Parker and I outside of our house on our first day of school, my Junior year and his Freshman year of high school.
Dressing up during Homecoming Week.
Adventures in Hawaii.
Adventures at Home.
More adventures at Home. Yes, we walked halfway across this bridge, standing just on the planks.
Today, Parker is old enough to serve a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (okay, technically since the announcement made during last General Conference, he has been old enough since he was 18 years old, but before that it was 19, and before that we were all waiting for the day he turned 19. So, it's still climactic!). He submitted his papers last week, and should receive his call in 2-3 weeks! I cannot wait to hear where Parker will be called to serve, and I know that no matter where he goes, he will touch the lives of others. He has always had a knack for making friends - he just knows how to connect with others. That gives me so much confidence in him while he serves his mission. I know he will do amazing things, and can change the lives of others.
And now you know the name sake of this post ^^^
Parker is coming into town TODAY! and I cannot wait to see him and give him a big birthday hug.
Happy Birthday, Parks!
i love you











5 comments:
I loved this post about Parker. Bailey you wrote such a sweet post about your brother. He is so lucky to have had you in his life to be an example and friend..........xoxoxo
yay i'm glad i found your blog! now i can stalk you even without a facbeook. and happy birthday to parky!! he's the coolest ever!
happy birthday parker! he looks sooo little in those pictures from high school! and your new blog layout is adorable :) you'll have to help me do mine!
happy birthday parker! look at you little bugs. sibling love.
love our cute parks! love this post B!
Post a Comment