It's the Most, Wonderful Time, of the Year!


This blog title is quite "Christmas -y", but I thought it was fitting since Easter was this past Sunday. After all, "there would be no Christmas if there were no Easter..." Like Christmas, Easter is a wonderful time to celebrate our Savior, Jesus Christ, and His amazing sacrifice. He died for us. He loves us. And He wants us to return to Him. I know He is my Savior, and I know that He lives.

J & I spent Saturday night with his sister, Tami. It was so fun to wake up Easter morning and be a part of their Easter traditions. Tami has 4 amazing & adorable kids, and on Easter they woke up to a quest - a scavenger hunt to find their baskets! I love how Tami & Claradene connected the scavenger hunt clues to the Savior and His resurrection. I think it is so so so important to keep the focus on Christ, and not on the Easter Bunny.
Tami was also so sweet to think of me & Justin - she had an Easter box full of gifts for us, too! I loved it! Since Justin & I decided last minute to stay the night with Tami, we didn't have any of our Easter gifts with us, so it was fun to still get a little surprise! Tami got all of the kiddos spring gardening gloves, and J & I got a pair as well! Go Gardening! Green means go!
We went to church, and then came back to Tami's to prepare an Easter feast!
Then, I went to my sister Sarah's house for a second feast :)
 
I love Sarah, Jim, and their 4 beautiful children, and it was so special to spend hours with them Sunday evening. Sarah & Jim are moving to Colorado this week, so this visit was especially meaningful, as it was my last time with them in their home. Megan, Parker and I all got to be there, and it was so much fun playing with the kids, hiding easter eggs, having an easter devotional, and then spending time with Sarah and Jim once the kids went to bed. I will cherish those memories forever.
Hoppy {late} Easter!

2 comments:

Velma said...

great pictures...............love the one of you three in the air and Sarah's kids on the grass................

Sarah said...

so glad we could spend one last evening with you... we miss you!!