Lost & Found

The funniest, but most terrifying thing in the world that has ever happened to me - just happened.

Justin left home at 6 PM to go take his Chemistry final. I stayed home to study, but whilst studying I fell asleep (listening to the Piano Guys on Pandora will do that to you!). I fell asleep for good, and did not wake up until 8:13 AM the next day! The first thing I thought when I woke up was how good it felt to get that much sleep. Then I turned to Justin's side of the bed --- and he wasn't there.

"Babe?" I said out loud. The light in the living room was on so I thought maybe he was in there.

No answer.

I jumped out of bed and looked in the living room. Justin wasn't there. I checked my phone. No text messages, missed calls, anything! I ran outside (in almost zero clothing) to see if our car was at home. It wasn't. I dialed Justin's number - no answer. Redialed his number -- again, no answer. I was panicking and running around in every direction. I called Justin 3 times, and did not get an answer once. I called my sister Megan - no answer. I started balling - I was so scared. Where was Justin? Did he not come home after his test last night? Did he come home but then leave early that morning for something? Why wouldn't he leave me a note? I started to call my Mom - but quickly hung up because it was an hour earlier her time and I did not want to wake up the grandkids at 7 AM (lame thought concerning the circumstances, but it's true). I started to call Haley since she was the closest to me, but I stopped - instead I called Madison, finally an answer!

Madz: "Hey, B!" In her cheery happy voice.
Me: "Madz?" My voice cracked and I was sobbing.
Madz: "B, are you ok? What's wrong?" Very concerned and knowing immediately that something was very, very wrong.
Me: "I don't know where Justin is!" more sobbing and heartbreak as fear crept inside of me.
Madz: "Are you locked out of your house?"
Me: "No." sob sob sob "Justin left last night to take a test and I just woke up and I have no idea where he is... He never came home! Madz I'm so scared. I don't know what to do..." I seriously was sobbing so hard.
Madz: "B I..."
Me: "Wait --- is it morning?!" I cut her off.
Madz: "No it's night time..."
Me: finally realizing what had happened, my heavy sobs turned into laughter.

I had woken up at 8:13PM, only 2 hours after Justin had left to take his test. That meant that Justin was still taking his test, which was why he did not answer his phone! I was now crying tears of joy and laughing because I was so relieved! Justin is fine! He is alive! And he will be home soon!



I am slightly embarrassed about this - but I blame BYU finals week. It's driving me crazy. I seriously was so close to calling the cops and organizing a search party. But, I don't care about the embarrassment - I am just so so SO grateful that Justin will be home soon. I have never been so scared, or so happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BAHHH! That is hilarious!