ColoRADo

Let's have a little throwback, eh? A little throwback Saturday, if you will... A little blast to the past, you might say...
Let's talk about that one time we drove to Colorado for the 4th of July (my favorite holiday, mind you).

We embarked on our journey Wednesday at 6:30pm, arriving on Justin's doorstep at 1:45am. 
Driving along having a jolly time...and a picture of my bee sting - feel sorry for me, 3 wks later and it's still there.
We slept for 3 hours, and woke up bright & early to go for a beautiful morning ski.
Nothing says Happy 4th like this American Skier!
Then, we went to a delicious breakfast, complete with pancakes, sausage, eggs, yogurt, fruit, and friends. The breakfast was put on by the ward, and was in the cutest little park ever. If I were a kid, I would live in that park.
Chilling with Captain America & Playing on the life-sized slingshot
Haha this picture cracks me up - see the photo bomber?
That night J, Ryan, Wayne and I went to a Colorado Rapids game, and watched the most amazing firework show afterwards. The fireworks were HUGE and took up the entire sky!

The next day we were treated to a day at Elitches Gardens, AKA roller coaster heaven! This theme park was so much fun, and we loved every minute!

Saturday was Dustin's birthday, so we took the boys out for a little tube ride and then went to Lacey's that night for cupcakes, ice cream, & presents. 
I loved visiting Colorado. I am so happy that Justin and I have similar interests and love to be in the outdoors. I love my in-laws, and I am so glad that we were able to visit them over the holiday. Most importantly, I am grateful that we were about to see Grandma Eddie one last time before she passed.
Gradma & Dale young and in love,  years later as temple workers, and finally together again.
Last Saturday, we were able to attend Grandma's funeral in Logan. The service was absolutely beautiful, and I loved hearing the memories people had with Grandma. I only knew Eddie for a short time, so it was a special experience to learn more about her during the service.
I love the ribbon that says "Our Little Mother"
 Eddie and Dale are buried next to each other in Logan, UT. I know that Eddie is in a better place - but I also know that families are forever and that one day, we will see her again.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

sounds like such a fun time.

Sarah said...

sad we missed you, when is your next CO trip?? :)