SF: Day 2

My second day in California was one of the most relaxing days of my entire life. It truly was the perfect day to spend a Saturday.

As I mentioned before, we camped about 2 hours north of San Francisco. I woke up with the sun shining and the birds singing, It was glorious. Four girls from Dani's ward joined the party, too! Dani left on a 60 mile bike ride (she is legit, guys) and I went off on a hike (ok, more like nature walk) with Kelli, one of Dani's friends. Kelli is one of those people you can instantly be friends with - she is so easy to talk to and absolutely hilarious - we had a splendid morning getting to know each other as we hiked and then lounged by the pool before the girls got back from their rides. We left the campground around noon and drove to Casiltoga for lunch - then, we were off to paradise! AKA - the spa

This was my first time at a spa - and my oh my it was perfection. We dressed it light green robes that made us look 5 shades darker, and relaxed next to the Buddha Pond before it was time for our session. Then the real fun began.

We walked into the spa and a worker immediately approached me up and is all like "Please take off your robe..." and that's when I stopped hearing what she was saying. What? Wait, just like that you want me to get naked? There are people everywhere! I must have given her a blank look because she repeated "Please take off your robe and get into the shower. You must be wet before entering the mud bath." Welp. Ok! I de-robed and walked 10 painful feet to the shower, which faces two other showers, mind you - none of which have doors. It wasn't weird. I thought it would be but it wasn't. After a few minutes, another worker pokes her head into my shower and asks if I'm ready, I think "As ready as I'll ever be!" And she leads me to the mud bath. Getting in was the most awkward part, I think. But once I was in, I was in heaven! I was covered head to toe with warm mud, and I just laid there for 15 minutes (okay, maybe some dancing and trying to jiggle the mud as much as possible also happened).

Then I was off to the showers again, and then to the mineral bath! The bath water was the perfect temperature - not too hot, not too cold, just perfect. There was a wooden tray placed across the bath, with a cup of lemon and cucumber water set on top. The tray was the perfect height to sip the water out with a straw, truly perfect. Then a cool towel was placed on my forehead and I was given a wooden tool to clean the mud out of my nails. After the bath, we went to the sauna, where I discovered that I am absolutely terrified of sauna's and cannot stand being inside them. Luckily there was a little port-hole that I stuck my head out of basically the entire time!

After the sauna a lady gave us a blanket wrap, and led us into individual rooms with dim lights, cool fans, calming music, and a bed. Cucumbers were placed on my eyes and I went into the most amazing slumber of my life.

All in all, it was an amazing experience, and it felt good to treat my body to a little R&R. Thanks for the treat, Dani!

2 comments:

Justin said...

i wanna go to the spaaaaaaaa! Couples spa!! We're doing it.

Madison Ellingson said...

wow.. that sounds amazingly peaceful and perfect!!