I guess there's a first for everything! Today at 12:30pm, my family dropped off our very first Elder at the Provo MTC.
We were able to have a family sleepover last night, go to Kneaders for breakfast this morning, and spend some time together this afternoon before Parker had to report. We soaked up every last second we could with Parks, and then - he was gone!
And now for a series of black&whites. Drum roll, please.
I could rave on and on about Parker...so I will! He is my only brother - my baby brother. He is one of my dearest friends. He is a comedian. He is strong. He makes friends quickly. He has a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He can do a mean Ace Ventura impression. He is athletic. He loves the outdoors. He is a cowboy. He is an uncle (the favorite, of course). He loves everyone. He is light-hearted. He is happy.
He is my brother - and now he is Hermano Bradshaw.
All of these qualities (especially the Ace Ventura one) make up a great missionary - and I know that Parker will be a wonderful, strong, determined missionary. He has chosen to dedicate the next 2 years of his life serving the people in the Mexico Torreon mission and spreading the gospel.
I know he will touch the lives of so many people, and I can't wait.
I'm rooting for him, and miss him already.




5 comments:
this hurt my heart a little, it was so hard to let my brother go ): but I'm so excited for Parker! yay!!!
Bailey this is so sweet! Loved seeing these pictures, the last one of him and mom and dad is so precious!
AWWWW!! Makes me think of that day almost exactly 13 years ago that they dropped me off at the MTC. I LOVE the pic of just Parks and Dad... tender!!
bye parker :( these pictures are so sweet.
B you are so sweet. I love this post about parks! ahh we will miss him!
Post a Comment