Blessed.

Lately, J & I have had some very beautiful  answers to our prayers. At the beginning of the year, both of us were in shock at all of the expenses that came with marriage... Rent was higher. Health insurance skyrocketed. Tuition for two. Laundromats = enemies. Dropping bills at the grocery store. Oh, and I had to get a new laptop... Seriously the expenses were never-ending! This was pretty discouraging at first - but then the blessings started to flow!

First, Justin got an internship! I was really stressed near the end of winter semester because Justin and I only had part-time jobs at BYU. I really wanted both of us to find a second form of employment, and I didn't care what that employment was - just as long as it paid! But, one day Justin found an internship perfectly suited for his major. He applied. Got a phone call. Set up an interview. And boom, was hired on the spot! Making bank! Then, a family friend told me of an internship available that was perfectly suited to my major. I applied. Had an interview. And boom, hired! Both of these internships are with amazing companies. The income (although many pretty pennies) is not the only thing I am grateful for - I am SO grateful to be working with people who are so SMART and so kind. It is a wonderful experience and, although crazy, it feels great for us to have "big kid" jobs! I am glad that both of us were able to find paid internships that relate to our future careers, instead of picking the first any part-time job we could find.

Then, we both got scholarships for the upcoming school year! What! This was totally unexpected, and my heart leaped when we found out. Seriously, too good to be true. 

I'm not saying that we are swimming in money, we are still (very much so) poor-married-college-students who are just barely getting by, but I know that these events are blessings straight from our Father in Heaven. I know we are being watch over and helped - Our financial stresses have been lifted (for the moment), and I am so grateful for that. I know that the power of prayer is real, and I know that we are blessed when we pay our tithing and keep the commandments. I just had to express my gratitude. 

No comments: