LOTOJA

LOTOJA: 3 states. 206 miles. Logan to Jackson. 
I enjoyed the pretty drive :)
But my big sissy BIKED it!

Dani is hands down one of the strongest people I know. She is also one of the best cheerleaders and supporters that I have ever had, so when she asked me to be a part of her support crew - you bet I was on board.

Qualifications: Clever Sign Making & Mad Cowbell Skills
About 15 minutes before start time, Dani began pumping up her tires...haha but she pumped a little too much because one went flat! We scampered on over to the bike shop and got a brand new tube for Dani and she made it to the starting line with about 30 seconds to spare.
#worstsupportcrewever
See that hot Desperado chic? She's single, boys!
And then, she was off!  Dani told us before the race what she thought her times were going to be - but we knew better :) She was early at every singe stop. Our job was to drive to specific "Feed Zones", and act as Dani's pit crew when she pulled in: exchange water bottles, check tires, feed her tapioca pudding and chocolate milk, rub the hot spots on her feet...all in under two minutes.
It was such an exciting race - there was so much energy, the scenery was beautiful, and the weather was perfect. It was overcast all day, and even sprinkled a little bit, which I'm sure Dani appreciated!
And here is a shot of Dani biking hard...and hardly biking!
 Dani finished with a time of 10 hrs 29 min. She totally rocked it! I loved watching her - especially on the hills because she is SO good at them - that is where she passed everybody :)

After the race we played in Jackson, ate some delicious pizza, and finally headed back home.
JATOLO 

#bestsupportcrewever

3 comments:

Velma said...

You are such a good sister to be her support team and Justin and Robert

Natalie said...

TEN HOURS?! oh my goodness she is amazing. and you are too for supporting her!

Sarah said...

such great cheerleaders-- that was so nice of you guys to be there for her! looks like you had a fun time doing it!