The Vegetables of our Labors

In the middle of May, Justin and I decided it would be fun to have a garden! There is a perfect little patch of dirt right in front of our house, so nothing was stopping us. We went to Lowe's, bought some Peppers, Carrots, Peas and Squash, and planted them one day. And we named our garden Dezra (it's what you do when you don't have kids). 
Well, a few weeks later we started seeing sprouts! I went a little crazy with excitement and couldn't believe how easy everything was. #selfsustaining.
The first sign of life!
The life of a squash 
Our cute peas
The evolution of peas.
Even though we stopped "gardening" in August - The squash are still coming! There have been some nice rain storms that helped them grow - sp we haven't had to do a thing! We pulled up our pea plants a while ago, but they lived a fulfilling life - definitely more than 2 peas in our pods. The carrots struggled,  they couldn't grow bigger than my pinky. And the peppers? Well they never sprouted.
I'd say that's over 50% success. 
 All in all, we loved our garden, and it loved us back.
This is what frolicking looks like
We had so much fun growing our garden over the summer and I can't wait for the day when we have a big backyard to plant all of our favorite veggies and decorate with blooming flowers and a cute little fence. #greenthumbs

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are TOO stinkin cute! Great gardening! Proud of you!

Madison Ellingson said...

oh youre the cutest! I love that you took advantage of the little dirt patch and gardened!!

Natalie said...

yum! you two are the best. two peas in a pod.

his little lady said...

How perfect! I wish I had a green thumb so I could grow my own garden! :)
xo TJ

Lucy- Does It Better said...

great pictures :)

Bailey B. Stewart said...

awww mama pam you are too good to us :)

Bailey B. Stewart said...

green thumbs over here! If only I knew how to cook...

Bailey B. Stewart said...

hahaha Natcat we just love you so much!

Bailey B. Stewart said...

Thanks TJ! Aww you can do it - really all we did was plant the seeds and it took care of itself hahaha

Bailey B. Stewart said...

Thanks Lucy! We had lots of fun :)

Sarah said...

SO impressed with your garden!! and jealous/sad that we didn't do one this year, i LOVE growing my own veggies and basil! way to go!

Boots and Yoga Pants said...

Your blog is so cute! I love it!