Two days ago was a week ago from the year ago mark that Justin proposed - how's that for a sentence to spin your head in circles? Since this blog didn't exist when J & I got engaged, I want to write down the story... So, here goes! Snippets my very own journal:
9/7/12
Today the most WONDERFUL moment of my life happened – Justin asked me to marry him, and I said yes! I love him so so very much, and I could not be happier. I know that we are perfect for each other and that I will be happy every day for the rest of my life with him.
It started with a drive to Color Me Mine, one of our favorite date locations. We were headed there to pick up a piece we painted last week, and afterwards we had plans to hike up to Stewart Falls.
We walked into the store, gave the lady our name, and she went to grab our item. She returned moments later with our bag, and told me to open it and double check that she had got the right thing - I had never been told to do this before, but I thought that it was just the smartest idea, so plopped the bag down on the table to double check.
As soon as I unwrapped our ceramic bowl, I knew what was happening. The bowl was filled with rose petals and sitting right on top was that black and gold ring box! I turned to Justin, and froze.
J got down on his knee and said, "Bailey, you are perfect. And I have known for a very long time that I want to be with you forever. Will you marry me?" I was so so happy and so shocked that I couldn't even say yes, and instead just nodded my head and piped out an "Mmhmm!"
J put the ring on my finger, and as soon as he stood up I grabbed his face and gave him a big smooch. I burried myself in his chest and he wrapped his arms around me, so happy and so in love and so in shock. Then, I heard cheering behind us.
I turned around to see all of my closest friends/fam, cheering, paparazzi-ing, and showering us with rose petals.
We gave everyone hugs and it was just a purely joyous moment. Happiest day of my life. Many pictures
followed, and hugs and tears and laughter. I couldn’t stop staring at my ring the entire time. It is GORGEOUS
and PERFECT and EXACTLY how I pictured it. I love it.
J really proposed in the perfect way - I loved everything about it and I couldn't have been more surprised. I love that he did it in such a special place to us; one of the places that helped us fall in love with eachother. I love that he included the people most dear to me. I love him, everything about him. I love my ring - it is so beautiful and exactly what I pictured my ring to look like - and he designed it all by himself! I just can't believe how perfect everything truly was - or how perfect we are together.








1 comment:
this is just so happy :) good memories!
Post a Comment