california adventure

Justin landed a sweet internship with Phillips 66, and we are heading to California for the summer! J will be interning as an Industrial Hygenist, at the Rodeo San Francisco Refinery. WE COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED! And I couldn't be more proud. J has worked extremely hard during his first year of grad school, and it is pretty awesome to see his hard work pay off. God is good, always.

Another huge blessing is that Ancestry is letting me work remotely for the entire summer. I'm a little nervous since JD is becoming a lot more active and it might be difficult to juggle everything, but I can't complain because - I get to keep my job! I seriously love my job so much, I'm just so happy with the way things are falling in to place!

Finding housing for the summer has been complete chaos. We finally found a really cute place, but I'm still having sticker shock. It's a little studio apartment, but it costs DOUBLE what we pay for our two-bedroom apartment in Utah. whatttt?! crazy sauce, i tell ya what.

So, obvi Cali is super expensive. I told J that I really want to take advantage of living in the bay area this summer, and that might mean us spending a lot of money haha... Soooooo maybe we wont save any of our hard earned cash, but at least we'll have lots of photos, right? Haha hopefully we will still save some - luckily Phillips is giving us a housing stipend, paying for our moving costs, and paying J on salary, so fingers crossed that we actually do get to save some money!

No comments: